Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mulling Over Options

After discussing options and situations with Courtney (my wife) last night and doing research online I am leaning towards the surgery.  Physical Therapy will only do so much and the tear will still be there which means I would probably have to have surgery in the future.  The timing is good in the aspect that the surgery and recovery will take place during the winter and spring so I will be good for all of the outside chores of summer once it comes around.  The down side is that with our sons, Nathan and Alex, being 1 and 2 it puts a huge burden on Courtney.  I will not be able to do any lifting of any sort for several weeks and after that it is limited lifting for several more weeks.  They say no driving for the first 6 weeks but we will see about that :-).  I still have time to think about it and will get more information tomorrow night after meeting with Dr. Forsyth.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly what I am fearful of...I have a 1 year old and we are both military. I am pretty worried about how much extra pressure she will have in an already max stressful situation of her job.

    ReplyDelete