Thursday, December 23, 2010

Living With "One" Arm

The adjustment to life with one arm has not been as tough as I was expecting.  Yes, I have to brush my teeth and eat with my opposite hand but I can pretty much do everything I was able to do before.  2 exceptions are tying my shoes and buttoning shirts or pants.  That is why I have my wonderful wife!  Going in to it I was joking with her about the wedding vow that says "for better or worse" and saying that she will have 3 diapers to change everyday instead of 2.

The one negative is trying to sleep.  There is no comfortable way to sleep with this giant brace on.  I though I had it figured out but that worked only for 1 night.  I haven't slept for more than 3 hours straight since the surgery but I wind up taking several cat naps throughout the day so that helps me out a ton.

All in all I cannot complain.  I was expecting a hell of a lot worse post surgery but so far it has been pretty much a piece of cake.  Let me get back to you after therapy next week and see if I have the same positive attitude.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog, I've been told today that I have a tear in my "superior labrum, bicep anchor and bicep tendon" My tear has turned into tears of fear, confusion and defeat. Keep writing details please.

    ReplyDelete