Saturday, December 25, 2010

Post Christmas Status

Well, after going to my wife's family for Christmas Eve and my Aunt and Uncle's for Christmas day I can say I am in a ton of pain.  I know I did more than i should have these past 2 days but it is hard to not do a lot of things with it being Christmas.  I thought I could make it through 2 days of non-stop running around with very little pain killers and I was wrong.  I am now hooked back up to my ice water pump / sleeve trying to eliminate some of this pain and swelling and it seems to be working as of right now.  Not that I could have really avoided it but when the doctors say rest they mean rest.

I am going attempt to sleep in the bed tonight again.  This 2-3 hours of crappy sleep in the recliner is beginning to wear thin.  Wish me luck.

On a side note I did drive for the first time today since surgery.  Should I have done it???  Probably not but the shoulder did not bother me one bit.  I just kept it by my side as if it were in the brace and everything worked out just fine.  It is not something I am going to do every day but it is nice to know that if I need to get out and drive somewhere I can do it and not depend on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment