Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Immboilizer is GONE!!!!!

I just got back from my follow up with my surgeon and he gave me the all clear to remove the immobilizer!  So after 35 days I can finally sleep in my bed tonight.  Thank god!  I still have to wear the sling portion of the contraption when I go out for the next 2 weeks but I will take that any day of the week over wearing the entire thing.  My next follow up with Dr. Forsythe is in 6 weeks so until then it is just physical therapy.

As far as the rate of recovery goes they were very happy with where I am at this point.  Without help I can raise my arm to shoulder level and with help my doc was able to raise my arm almost straight up which is great news.  Let's hope the therapy keeps improving like this week after week.

No comments:

Post a Comment