Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday Therapy Recap

Tonight's session was pretty good.  It had some moments of pain but overall I can't complain.  Maybe it was because today was my first day without the immobilizer and I was using my left arm and shoulder for the first time in a month. 

Beth added 2 new exercises for me to do at home and at therapy.  They are called Interior and Exterior Isometric Shoulder Rotations.  Basically what I do is stand with my left palm flat against a wall, push and hold for 3 seconds and release.  I do 3 sets of 10 of these and then 3 sets of 10 with the back side of my left hand against the wall.  Not that painful at all...I just feel a little pressure in the shoulder. 

In addition to these exercises she added a new stretch which I think was scapulothoracic mobility.  Really hard to describe what it is but all I can say is that it was not painful at all.  It basically stretches and loosens the back side of your shoulder which has a tendency to stiffen up due to the time in the immobilizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment