Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Exercises

On Monday night I had 4 new exercises added to my regime.  The first 2 were new exercises added with the cane and they are pictured below.


In this exercise I hold the cane at waist level then push the cane out with my good hand causing my left shoulder and arm to extend outward.  I do 3 sets of ten each day at therapy and at home on days when I don't have therapy.









In this exercise I hold the cane with bent arms over my chest and bend my arms back and to the left causing the shoulder to stretch.  I do 3 sets of ten each day at therapy and at home on days when I don't have therapy.








In this exercise I stand in front of a wall with the palm of my left hand against the wall and slide the left hand up until all the way extended.  While the arm is extended all the way I lean forward and hold for a few seconds.  I do 2 sets of ten each day at therapy and at home on days when I don't have therapy.











This is called the sleeper stretch.  I lay on the side of my injured shoulder, put my bad arm at a 90 degree angle with the table and with my good arm pull my bad arm forward as far as possible.  I do 3 of these each day and hold each one for 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment