Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sleeping After Immobilizer Removal

On Wednesday I was so excited to finally get my immobilizer off...I mean I would be able to sleep in my bed for the first time in over a month.  Who wouldn't be excited?  Well that excitement ended after the first 5 minutes in bed.  Just because the immobilizer is gone doesn't mean I am going to be without pain and did I ever feel that pain.  The first trouble for me was trying to get comfortable.  I sleep on my left side which is the shoulder I had the operation on.  I decided to try and test it to see how much pressure I could put on it and it wasn't that much.  So after some manuvering I finally got comfortable...for 5-10 minutes at least.  Then every time I tried to shift positions my shoulder would feel it.  It wasn't really that painful but I noticed it enough to make it uncomfortable and hard to fall asleep.  A few times I did tweak it pretty bad though.  Last night was my 3rd night without the immobilizer and each night it has become just a little easier to fall asleep.  Hopefully withing a week or so it should be a lot better.

On a side note I am in therapy with a patient how had her surgery almost 7 months ago and she said just the other night she tweaked in pretty good in bed.  So it seems like the "tweaking" won't be ending anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who thinks that they are too small to make a difference has never tried to fall asleep with a mosquito in the room. See the link below for more info.

    #asleep
    www.matreyastudios.com

    ReplyDelete