Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Therapy Update

Went to PT yesterday and today and things are going great.  Last night Beth added 4 new exercises that I can do at home and a couple of more stretches.  It was a lot to take in one night but I keep telling myself that it will be all worth it in the end.  It was a pretty intense session and I was feeling it after.  Even this morning I woke up and was in a lot of pain but that pain subsided after about an hour.

Tonight's session was even more brutal than yesterdays because it was "measuring day".  Measuring day is when my range of motion (ROM) is measured and compared to the previous measuring day.  I am happy to say that every single ROM improved by 8 to 17 degrees with the exception of 1 and that one stayed the same but it is still better than expected.  At the end of today's session I was able to lift my arm to eye level on my own with very little pain.  For my last ROM measurement last week I was barely able to raise the arm to shoulder level so that is great news.  So everything seems to be going as good as possible right now.

And an update on the muscle guarding issue that happened last Thursday.  While it was still present tonight it was not painful like it was last week.  Tonight it was more of a shaking of the arm than pain...almost like when you get a muscle spasm.  So it seems like it is getting better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment